[GRASS-user] Help regarding v.isochrones using spgrass7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Mar 14 13:59:01 PDT 2015

yogesh bansal wrote
> I installed the v.isochrones add-on in GRASS7 but it didn't build a .exe
> in the bin directory in installation folder, but i am able to use it using
> the GRASS console.
> Now if i try to use the v.isochrones from R using spgrass7 package and
> execGRASS() it says v.isochrones.exe not found.
>
> How can i use the add-on v.isochrones from within R?
>
> I think if I get a v.isochrones.exe in the bin folder it would work with
> R.
>
> Thanks in advance.

v.isochrones is a python script (see [1]), and not an exe-binary.

I assume you're using winGRASS.(?)

addons are stored in
C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons: binaries are
stored in the bin-subfolder, scripts (v.isochrones.py) are stored
script-subfolder.

in winGRASS wrapper-bat-files (e.g. v.isochrones.bat) are stored in the
bin-subfolder.

not tested, adding
C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons to your %PATH%
may help.

[1]
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.isochrones/v.isochrones.py

-----