[GRASS-user] Linking multidimensional data to a single point

Andy Wickert andrewwickert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:15:54 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
>
>  The attribute table is in a sqlite table already, unless you are still
>> using dbf as database backend for grass. Just link your other tables to
>> that attribute table?
>>

> Paulo,
>
>   Thanks for reminding us. I forgot about that. You are correct that the
> thing to do is link the other tables to that attribute table.
>

> Rich

Thanks Paulo and Rich,

So would this be adding additional SQL database tables as additional
"layers" associated with a GRASS GIS vector data set? I had thought that
the layers also needed to be linked to vector points... so I'm guessing
that this would still be linking outside SQL tables to the GRASS table?

Thinking "out loud" and putting my reasoning in an email in case someone
seeing this conversation is helped by this later.

Andy