[GRASS-user] GRASS crashes while running i.atcorr

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat May 2 00:21:06 PDT 2015

* Jake Chila <jake.chila at gmail.com> [2015-05-01 11:33:01 -0300]:

> hi all,
>
> So I am trying to run i.atcorr but every time I run it, the whole program
> goes unresponsive and crashes. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there
> any way I can fix it?
>
> One thing that might be causing it is my parameters text file. I'm not
> totally sure I understand what all the fields are but here is an example of
> the parameter files I have created. This one is for the second band of a
> landsat 5 TM scene over central British Columbia
>
> 7
> 8 15 18.49 -116.027755 50.267045
> 2
> 0
> 0
> 0
> -1000
> 26

Hi Jake.

Please have a close look in the manual. As well, here:
<http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Atmospheric_correction#Atmospheric_correction>.

If Landsat is your sensor to work with, here is a script around
i.atcorr: <https://github.com/NikosAlexandris/i.landsat.atcorr>.  I
haven't used this in Windows though, and to upload it into grass-addons
I need to test it more.

Hope this helps a bit,
Nikos