[GRASS-user] grass program compilation

alassane toure atourej at gmail.com
Mon May 4 19:23:39 PDT 2015

Group,
I need your help to start developing new functions based on existing
ones and GRASS libraries. My short term goal is to be able to compile
the test program r.example.
I first started by installing the binary using the followings on Ubuntu:

(1)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grass/grass-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grass7

(2) Because I needed the libraries, I downloaded grass-7.0.0.tar.gz
and followed instructions provided in
"http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu"

However when I issued the command...

sudo make install

The system response was...

alassane at alassane-MS-7593:~/Downloads$ sudo make install
[sudo] password for alassane:
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

Any help to compile r.example is appreciate.

Regards,

Alassane