[GRASS-user] run_gmfontcap.bat

Marvin Eng knot.tyer at gmail.com
Sun May 10 08:45:32 PDT 2015

When installing GRASS GIS 7.0.0 in windows 8.1 I get a message from windows
saying "GRASS 7 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop
working correctly.

The GRASS installation window indicates that \etc\run_gmfontcap.bat is
being run and the command window indicates that it is "generating a font
configuration file by scanning various directories for fonts"

When I use the windows message to "close program" the installation finishes
without further issues and GRASS opens.

I am new to GRASS - Can you help:
Can I fix this during installation?
Should I try to run g.mkfontcap within in GRASS (if so how)?
I don't if fix this what problems will it cause me problems in the future?

Marvin Eng