[GRASS-user] GRASS g.gui.animation: change resolution and add text

Dalmo1991 marco.dalmolin.1991 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:51:19 PST 2015

I'm using the comand "g.gui.animation" in GRASS 7.0 to plot some raster maps
(with no time information) that represent the timing evolution of a physical
experiment.

In detail, I'm using the instruction "g.gui.animation raster=map1,map2,map3"
and then I change the parameters using the graphic interface.I export the
result as a GIF animated image.

It works, but I have two questions about how to improve the quality:

1) Can I set the resolution (number of pixels) of the output?

2) I'd like to add some text (that change during the animation according
with the frames) somewhere in the image, like the number of the frame. Can I
do it with GRASS or I have to use other software (some advice?) in
postprocessing? I need to read the text information from a .txt because I
have a lot of frames, so it's almost impossible to do it manually.
Thanks for your help.