[GRASS-user] wxGUI Cartographic Composer (GRASS 7.0 for Windows)

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 08:26:15 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Aldo CLERICI <aldo.clerici at unipr.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> when I try to display in Preview mode the maps, legend, north arrow, scale
> and text inserted and displayed in a frame in Draft mode, only the vector
> maps are displayed.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> In the text file with mapping instructions, the instructions for the
> objects not displayed seem correctly reported.

do you use Windows? I noticed this problem on this platform, but I haven't
investigated yet. The problem is that the underlying module ps.map creates
PostScript file which is difficult to convert into png  - we use Python
Imaging Library which uses Ghostscript - so the problem with rendering is
somewhere there. If you export Postscript file, or PDF file, do you see the
result correctly?

Anna

Thanks in advance