[GRASS-user] Is it possible to export a vector as new table in existing spatialite database?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 4 10:38:15 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM, John A Stevenson
<john.stevenson at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> I would like to export a vector as new table in existing spatialite
> database.
>
> According to the GDAL pages (http://www.gdal.org/drv_sqlite.html) the SQLite
> driver supports "creating new SQLite database files, or adding tables to
> existing ones", but I'm not sure if this applies to spatialite, or how to
> create a v.out.ogr command to achieve this.
>
> Is it possible?

I suppose so since v.out.ogr offers the flag

-a  Append to existing layer
     A new OGR layer is created if it does not exist

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/v.out.ogr.html

Please let us know how it goes, then we may add that to the manual as
a new example.

Markus