[GRASS-user] WARNING: Unable to open raster map...format field in header file invalid

Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au
Thu Sep 10 20:47:27 PDT 2015

Hello,

Recently, some grass files that were on my computer were accidentally
deleted - I recovered them from backup but it seems that maybe not all.
When I open grass and load up a raster with d.rast the map does not appear
and I get the following error message:

WARNING: Raster map <toc10 at toc@toc>: format field in header file invalid
WARNING: Unable to open raster map <toc10 at toc@toc>
ERROR: Unable to open raster map <toc10 at toc>

Does anyone know what might be missing? And if there is a fix to this?
It seems to have happened to all of the rasters that I have in that
project!

Thank you - Raphael.