[GRASS-user] Need help in reprojecting raster images

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:35:41 PDT 2015

Hi Uttam,

you may want to first do v.in.region in your input location, this creates a
vector with the limits of your input location (set g.region to your raster
of interest first), then v.proj the output of v.in.region in your target
location, set region there with the imported vector and just then try to
reproject the raster image.

so, steps would be:

# in input_location
g.region raster=your_raster

v.in.region output=vector_region_of_interest

# in target location
v.proj location=input_location mapset=input_mapset
input=vector_region_of_interest output=projected_boundaries

g.region vector=projected_boundaries

r.proj location=input_location mapset=input_mapset input=input_raster
output=output_raster

You may also wanna check r.import if you use grass7.1 (
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/r.import.html) or as an add-on in
grass 7.0 (https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/r.import.html).
You can install it with g.extension r.import

HTH,
Vero