[GRASS-user] Classified point cloud from UAS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:49:31 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Adam Laža <ad.laza32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got some data from UAS (SenseFly eBee) exported as point cloud. I'd
> like to ask if there's any way how to classify the data in GRASS. As an
> input I have a point cloud exported in .las or .txt file. As an output I
> need another .las file containing only terrain (I need to filter out
> objects, buildings and vegetation) for next step which is generating DTM.

Hi Adam,

this is an older post but it might still be useful for you or other to know
that v.lidar.mcc [1] which is currently in addons can actually classify
without the information about returns which is what v.lidar.edgedetection
[2] and friends require. The examples look promising (I created them with
actual lidar data, however).

Best,
Vaclav

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/v.lidar.mcc.html