[GRASS-user] does i.landstat.toar expects ALL bands to work properly?

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:00:26 PDT 2015

Hello all

I'm playing around with some Landsat-8 images. After reprojecting with GDAL
(for southern hemisphere), importing and clipping to a smaller area of
interest, I used i.landsat.toar to convert to reflectance.

I'm only using bands 1-8.

When I run i.landsat.toar *without* atmospheric correction, it runs but
gives me an error message about not being able to read band 9, but it does
creates the images.

When I run it *with* atmospheric correction, I get the same error but it
won't calculate reflectance, because it stops at the dark pixel step.

So, two possibilities:

1 - If it is expecting all the bands, this should be in the manual
2 - remove this limitation, by issuing a warning but not rising an error
and stopping the module.

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572