[GRASS-user] Workflow for DSM from LiDAR

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:28:09 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Lorenzo Bottaccioli <
lorenzo.bottaccioli at gmail.com> wrote:

> High list,
>
> I have a dense LiDAR data ~8pt/m2, how can I process this data in order to
> obtain a dense digital surface model for example 50cm of relsolution? I'll
> like to have good detail of the rooftops for solar analysis , in particolar
> I'll like to have not to much noise in the slope and aspect maps obtained
> from the DSM.

Hi,

the first thing I would try is binning with r.in.lidar. You will see how
many NULL cells you will get and how smooth it will be. You can try to fix
it by running r.neighbors. If it won't be enough, try v.in.lidar and then
interpolate the surface, e.g. using v.surf.rst (this will be slower then
binning).

Vaclav