[GRASS-user] seeking advice for additional scripts

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:06:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

> Where should this script go, and do you have advice on what language to use? My first thought was to make it a bash shell script and put it in ~/bin/ or ~/bin/grass/ and add that to GRASS_ADDON_PATH. Is there standard location for things like this?

I would choose ~/bin/grass (~/bin is not good choice because than your
scripts will be in default PATH, so visible also outside of GRASS).

> And should it be in Python or bash? Seems like either works right now, but will bash be phased out in the future?

For simple/quick stuff I would use Bash. For the rest (more complex
stuff, anything you want to publish as addons) I would choose Python.
Please note that GRASS 7 supports only Python for Addons.

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa