[GRASS-user] Broken link in manpage?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Apr 9 06:38:51 PDT 2016

On 09/04/16 11:57, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 09/04/2016 11:54, Martin Landa ha scritto:
>
>> sorry, but we have some release policy. There are daily builds at
>> least for Windows [1] available. Ma
>>
>> [1] https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass70/
>
> I respect the choices of the GRASS-PSC.
> However, this IMHO undermines the Notorious GRASS Reliability(TM).

I understand your concern. I see three possible answers to this kind of
problem:

1) Either release point releases more often, but then we have to be even
stricter than now concerning backports to the release branch. Otherwise
we will undermine the reliability even more.

2) Integrate selected bug fixes as patches in the Debian package.

3) Provide a private Debian repository with daily packages for stable /
testing / unstable branches of Debian.

All three represent more workload and so the need for the necessary
humanpower.

1) is generally triggered when there is a really critical bug.
Apparently not very many see v.generalize as a function that is critical
enough to trigger a new release...

Moritz