[GRASS-user] Broken link in manpage?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Apr 9 09:21:07 PDT 2016

Hi Moritz,

Il 09/04/2016 15:38, Moritz Lennert ha scritto:
> On 09/04/16 11:57, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> 1) Either release point releases more often, but then we have to be even
> stricter than now concerning backports to the release branch. Otherwise
> we will undermine the reliability even more.

IMHO an important  module totally broken, without alternatives, is worth
an emergency release.

> 2) Integrate selected bug fixes as patches in the Debian package.

The problem is even more serious for Windows users, that cannot
generally compile themselves.

> 3) Provide a private Debian repository with daily packages for stable /
> testing / unstable branches of Debian.

-1: custom repos require a lot of effort to be properly maintained for
all distros, and are often source of problems.

> All three represent more workload and so the need for the necessary
> humanpower.
>
> 1) is generally triggered when there is a really critical bug.
> Apparently not very many see v.generalize as a function that is critical
> enough to trigger a new release...

I see the point; however, I respectfully disagree with that.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu