[GRASS-user] temporal dataset : register maps from other mapsets

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 17 03:56:58 PDT 2016

Hi Vero,
I have send my mail just a second after i recieved your mail ... .

However, i would like to add that a second temporal GIS environmental
variable exists, that disables the write of map layer metadata:
TGIS_DISABLE_TIMESTAMP_WRITE

Set it with:
g.gisenv set="TGIS_DISABLE_TIMESTAMP_WRITE=True

This will avoid that time stamps are written as text files in the map layer
specific metadata directory by the temporal framework. The drawback is that
modules written in C are not able to determine if the map layer has a
timestamp using the C-API. The benefit is that map layer specific data in
other mapsets are not modified if the space time dataset are modified.

Best regards
Soeren