[GRASS-user] PostgreSQL not in v.out.ogr format options

Peter Tittmann ptittmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:00:53 PDT 2016

All,

Using GRASS7. I would like to write to postgis from a GRASS vector file, and would like to be able to append to a table as opposed to create new. I see that the `-a` flag is not implemented yet in v.out.postgis so I turned to v.out.ogr. Despite having a fully functional GDAL with the OGR PostgreSQL driver installed and functional, when I pass the following command:

`v.out.ogr -a -m --verbose input=t_lands type=area output="PG:dbname=cf_tribal" output_layer=foo format=PostgreSQL`

 the response is:

`ERROR: Value <PostgreSQL> out of range for parameter <format>
	Legal range: BNA,CSV,CartoDB,Cloudant,CouchDB,DGN,DXF,ESRI_Shapefile,ElasticSearch,GFT,GME,GML,GPKG,GPSBabel,GPSTrackMaker,GPX,GeoJSON,GeoRSS,Geoconcept,JML,KML,MapInfo_File,Memory,ODS,OGR_GMT,PCIDSK,PDF,PGDUMP,S57,SQLite,Selafin,TIGER,WAsP,XLSX`

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter