[GRASS-user] some questions on r.tile

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 10 11:00:53 PDT 2016

Hi

On Aug 10, 2016 4:34 PM, "Margherita Di Leo" <diregola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a doubt about the use of r.tile with overlap. r.tile without
overlap works without problem, however when I set an overlap, no matter how
large (have tried 400, 40 and 4 with same outcome) it gives me the error:

> ERROR: Illegal latitude for North

Which projection are you using?
I suspect latlong?

> How should I calculate my overlap and my tiles in order to avoid this
problem?

Please let us know more.. Perhaps also the command with parameters.

> Furthermore, is there a way to set a different rule for rows and columns?
say I want to generate vertical stripes that overlap each other for a
certain number of columns?

This will require a source code enhancement.

Markus