[GRASS-user] Examples of use of r.gwflow

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:09:10 PST 2016

Yes, Markus, the AGU poster you pulled up is from my work with colleagues.
Soeren Gebbert, the r.gwflow developed assisted a lot in that work.

Huub, r.gwflow is a really terrific module. trouble is, i've been trying to
use it in the most complex environment perhaps - urban groundwater modeling
in India where there is little data to calibrate, We are trying to improve
that with groundwater depth measurements right now, which hopefully can be
used to refine the r.gwflow model parameterization.

so i have nothing easy that you could use; but the help page is pretty good
to start. setting boundary conditions is important. hopefully you have some
groundwater field data to calibrate your model at least partially.

r.gmtg is different from r.gwflow- i dont think it is r.gmtg development is
active any more.

my guess is that if the small reservoirs are anything like the check dams
of south and southeast asia, the effects will be very local; so the model
spatial structure may end up pretty fine and related boundary conditions
will have to be carefully figure out - should be ok to figure if you
are/have an experienced groundwater hydrologist.

hope that helps somewhat,
Vishal
--
Vishal K. Mehta, PhD