[GRASS-user] i.spec.sam error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 13 12:51:51 PST 2016

Hi Jaya,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Jaya Krishnan <jayaakrish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus and Moritz,
>
> Thanks for replying.
> I am working on Windows 7 and using GRASS 7.0.3 on OSGeo4W. I installed
> i.spec.sam using g.extension, and tried to run it from the command console,
> but get the error 'i.spec.sam' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command,operable program or batch file.

Yes, in this case you are not (yet) in luck:

How to check  that:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/
--> Windows log files
    --> imagery/i.spec.unmix FAILED

Looking at the log file there, you will see
 main.c:31:2: error: #error GRASS is not configured with BLAS
 main.c:35:2: error: #error GRASS is not configured with LAPACK

That means, that the BLAS and LAPACK libraries are not present on the
Windows addons build server.

I found some here: https://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-for-windows/ but our
WinGRASS maintainer would need to install that (i.e. find the time and
have success with these libs).
Coming soon, I hope.

By chance we'll meet next week in Italy, I have taken liberty to add
it to the agenda:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_contributors_meetings_in_San_Michele/February_2016

Best
Markus