[GRASS-user] Compile and install GRASS GIS 7 on Fedora 23 64 bit

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 13 13:23:32 PST 2016

Hi Carlo,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 6:05 PM, CARLO CORMIO <carlo.cormio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile and install GRASS GIS 7 on Fedora 23 64 bit,

I'm on the same platform :-)

> "Errors in: /usr/local/grass70_release/visualization/wximgview"

I have the same compilation error. But wximgview is not quite relevant
(and already removed in trunk).

> I've found a ticket (#2406) about this problem on Debian, thus tries
> to compile without wx-widget, and succedeed in installing GRASS GIS
> 7.0.4svn.

> But now there's no nviz in grass gis!!! Any suggestion?

No NVIZ? That's a different issue with respect to wximgview (AFAIK).

Do you have the openGL development libs installed (I use nouveau, so
the package name there is:

mesa-libGL-devel

which contains
/usr/include/GL/gl.h