[GRASS-user] GRASS unofficial addon installation

Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos pmav99 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:56:02 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> (note that the version in G7.1 is quite advanced compared to that
> included in G7.0.x)

Good to know :) But I am afraid that at least for now I have to stick with
stable versions (i.e. G7.0.x)

> > I just checked "g.extension -d" and AFAIK what you essentially need to
> do in
> > order to install a "single" extension (i.e. not a toolbox) is to checkout
> > the repository and issue make & make install with the correct arguments
> >
> > Is this correct? Are there any caveats that I need to know about?
>
> Looks like overly complicated to me.
> This job is essentially done by g.extension.

I agree that this is what g.extension does, but AFAIK g.extension does not
work with non-svn repositories. So my question is if is there anything else
that needs to be done in order to manually install a GRASS extension.

thanks,
Panos