[GRASS-user] Pansharpening Landsat 8 Imagery

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jul 19 02:56:33 PDT 2016

I've seen that you've found a solution, but some comments anyhow:

On 18/07/16 17:00, Michele Toma wrote:
> 5.       Pansharpened bands 4, 3, 2 using band 8 as the panchromatic
> band with the IHS method

Have you seen that brovey is also available as a method in i.pansharpen ?

> 7.       Result: An image that is entirely gray (I found this link that
> says to use i.fusion.hpf, but following those instructions, I get
> “'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.”

This means that you do not have make installed. How did you install
GRASS GIS ? Maybe you need to install a specific development package ?

> From searching online, I have found that the i.pansharpen module doesn’t
> take 16 bit imagery (which Landsat imagery is) but rather 8 bit. I found
> this link
> (http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/39174/how-to-color-balance-false-composites-of-pan-sharpened-landsat-images-in-grass/67319#67319)
> that says to rescale the image. I attempted this twice:
>

> 1.       When I run it on the bands produced after running the
> i.landsat.toar module, I get numbers such as min=-0.00813278402972343
> and max=1.58301384751301. After rescaling the images to 0-255 and
> proceeding with step 3 I end up with an entirely white image.

How did you rescale ? And what does r.info give you on the rescaled maps ?

Moritz