[GRASS-user] Comment regarding PSC election

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Jul 25 12:31:52 PDT 2016

Dear all

on-sight, as Nikos, I share Vero's skepsis, concerns and feelings.  I
support that there is still time to re-consider and, given we have a
safe voting system available, community members should be eligible to vote.

As CRO, trying not to confuse my roles (community member vs. CRO), I
tried to clearly adhere to the "any community member can participate"
principle (as it can be extracted from the first announcement).

However, the result of the long discussion in the grass-psc mailing
list, had to be adopted.  A discussion which I simply did not read
early, before the first announcement.

What now?

As CRO, I propose the following, so as to not fall in a new open-ended
discussion (while we should also mind that the election process started and
the nomination phase is on-going):

i) if the lists receive publicly more supporters of Vero's view, and the
majority of current psc members are ok with it, we should open the
voting eligibility to everyone with an account at grass-user
or grass-dev.

ii) allow for community members, subscribed to grass-user or grass-dev,
to send directly to the CRO a request for voting permission.  The CRO
will add the requested name and e-mail address to the list of voters.

(
There is still time before the voting phase!
The voting will take place with an invitation via e-mail, through
Helios' safe platform. [0]
)

iii) keep this discussion "alive" for the next election and move on with
the current process as is, so as to not endanger the natural flow of the current
election.

Best regards, Nikos or/and GRASS-GIS' CRO.
--

[0] https://vote.heliosvoting.org/privacy

--%<---
* Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> [2016-07-25 19:26:53 +0200]: