[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] Comment regarding PSC election

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:41:20 PDT 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 19:26, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Vero,

> This is my personal opinion and no more than that, but I just think it is a
> bit unfair that for not having svn writing access I'm not able to vote. I
> don't understand how, as user, I'm entitled to nominate a person for PSC,
> but then, I cannot vote. I mean, there are several people with writing
> access that have remained inactive for a long time (no contributions to svn,
> no answering emails, no commenting on tickets or whatsoever), and IMHO,
> while not a developer, I've been pretty active the past 2-3 years. This is
> the first time I don't see/feel the community spirit that I've always
> praised GRASS for and that was one of the main reasons why I involved myself
> in it and spread the love for the project everywhere I went... and that's
> sad from my point of view.

I understand that you would like to votes, and I think you should
vote, but some rules should be present, something like 18 to vote (at
least in Italy)
Maybe you could ask for svn addons access, I think PSC could approve
this, you worked for documentation and you could help also in
translation.

--
ciao
Luca