[GRASS-user] Problem in deleting a vector map coming from the Vector Digitizer

Aldo CLERICI aldo.clerici at unipr.it
Sat Jun 4 02:38:38 PDT 2016

Checked with GRASS for Windows 7.0.1,7.0.2,7.0.3, 7.0.4 Stand-alone installer under Windows 7,8,10 with many different PCs.
It seems impossible to delete a map coming from the Vector Digitizer. For example:

1)      I made a copy of roads (Spearfish Location) named roads_copy_3.

2)      I entered the Vector Digitizer with roads_copy_3. I didn't change anything.

3)      I quitted the Vector Digitizer with the Quit digitizer button.

4)      Trying to delete the map roads_copy_3 I had the following message:

(Sat Jun 04 01:09:24 2016)

g.remove -f type=vector name=roads_copy_3 at user1

Removing vector <roads_copy_3>

WARNING: Unable to delete file 'C:\Users\Clerici\Documents\grassdata/Spearfish60_grass7/user1/vector/roads_copy_3/sidx'

WARNING: Unable to delete vector map

WARNING: <roads_copy_3> nothing removed

(Sat Jun 04 01:09:25 2016) Command finished (0 sec)
The cdix, coord, dbln, head, hist component files are lost. Only the sidx and topo remain and no other operation on the vector map (copy, rename) can be done.
I have the same result even with new digitized or with existing modified maps.
Thanks in advance.
Aldo Clerici

Il 5xmille a favore dell'Universit? di Parma (indicando il codice fiscale 00308780345) ? un gesto tanto semplice quanto importante per creare nuove opportunit? di lavoro per giovani di talento nell'ambito della ricerca scientifica.