[GRASS-user] PyGRASS: No such file or directory using Module

Luí­s de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Mon Jun 20 23:20:05 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use PyGRASS following the example scripts at the Wiki:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python#pygrass_Library

But on each call to the Module method I get a "No such file or directory" error (reproduced below). This is an issue with the call to Popen, but I can not tell if its related to this method itself or to the GRASS modules.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong? Thank you,

Luís

OSError error(2): No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/desouslu/git/pywps-4-demo/processes/pygrass-demo4.py", line 29, in <module>
ogrimport = Module('v.in.ogr')
File "/usr/lib/grass70/etc/python/grass/pygrass/modules/interface/module.py", line 466, in __init__
raise GrassError(str_err % self.name)
grass.exceptions.GrassError: Error running: `v.in.ogr --interface-description`.