[GRASS-user] features not reachable in network

Will Fields will.openfields at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:07:52 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to measure the distance between points along a vector
representing a stream network.  I tried this first with the 'stream' vector
in the North Carolina sample data set, following the example from the
documentation for v.net.allpairs:

1. v.split to split network into segments of a specified length
2. v.net option=nodes to generate network with points at end of segments
3. v.net.allpairs to calculate distance between all pairs of points

This worked fine.

Then I tried this with some new vector data representing a stream that was
created with r.stream.extract.  When I ran the v.net.allpairs, I only
receive distances between certain points on the network.  Running
v.net.distance returns a message, "WARNING: 232 'from' features were not
reachable".

I tried running the snap tool in v.clean to correct topological issues with
the data, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Does anyone have thoughts on what else I can do to try to resolve this?

Thanks,

Will