[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 7.03 for Mac OS X, problem with wxPython (missing)

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Mar 15 02:44:04 PDT 2016

Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> writes:

> After this problem was discovered 4-6 months ago, we've been working
> on a way to remedy it. We have a basic plan that William has
> suggested, but it takes some time to work out how to implement it. So
> far, no one has had the time needed to do this. It seems solvable with
> some effort.

That is good news - would this be applicable for homebrew installation
as well, or only for the Frameworks?

Could this be a GSoC project, to make GRASS work under El Capitan
(Framework and homebrew installations)?

> My understanding is that SIP is a new security feature. Disabling it
> leaves the Mac at the same level of security it has under Yosemite.

This is true - but SIP is likely to stay, and I think it is not a good
idea to disable it, as it might be not possible to disable it in the
future.

Thanks,

Rainer