[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 7.03 for Mac OS X, problem with wxPython (missing)

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 15 06:36:45 PDT 2016

The reason is that I (and William) package some key dependencies with the binary. The most important is wxPython, which is required by the GUI. If a user does not have exactly the same version of wxPython used to compile the binary, the GUI will fail. Making this more complicated is the fact that the only versions of wxPython that work completely correctly with Mac GRASS are 32 bit. But some other components are 64 bit. This means that I need to compile GRASS with 32/64 bit dual architecture. So this is a consequence of making binaries that run on anyone's Mac (except the newest system with SIP enabled).

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)