[GRASS-user] Invalid map size

Marvin Eng knot.tyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:28:25 PDT 2016

I was running winGRASS 7.0.0
I don't know what I did but; now when I launch the GUI I get no monitor and
a command console message saying:

Invalid map size 142,0
Invalid map size 142,0

I installed winGRASS 7.0.3 and launched the GUI and I get the same message.

I can get a monitor to open using d.mon start=wx0 in a command layer but
when I do that the layer manager stops responding. When I close the monitor
(with the x) and go back to the command console there is the following
message:

Invalid map size 142,0
Invalid map size 142,0
ERROR: Rendering failed. Details: Error reading PPM file

I can 'work around' this with the "Start new map display" button and
closing display 1 - but this is a bit annoying and will require me to redo
all my workspace files.

Marvin Eng