[GRASS-user] Invalid map size

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:20:11 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Marvin Eng <knot.tyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anna:
> Your solution worked fine for the offending workspace file (*.gxw).
> It had
> display name="Display 1" . . . .  dim="-32000,-32000,160,39"
>
> I changed that to 300 all round and I am now able to use that gxw with
> display 1.
>
> However, I seem to have broken something more basic. No matter how I start
> the GRASS GUI (in demolocation or a newly created location or any of my
> other locations) I get the same "Invalid map size" message and there is no
> monitor.
>
> Is there another 'workspace file' for the start up of GRASS that I should
> be looking for to edit?

I think it might be in your settings. Open the workspace which works for
you now and go to GUI settings, check (or leave checked) Save current
window layout as default in general tab and make sure you don't have any
GRASS window minimized and then Save. Try to launch GRASS and it should
work again. I fixed some of these things quite recently, I would have to
check all the use cases again to see if it persists in the recent version.

Anna