[GRASS-user] define a region by 2 epsg

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Mar 16 08:50:34 PDT 2016

How far into the second UTM Zone does your region go? If not far and the
distortion is acceptable you can reproject 1 into the other.

Otherwise you need to find or create a Projection that does a better job
of covering your region. A UTM projection is unlikely to be a good
candidate in this case. Do you care more about preserving Area or
Distance measures (that will help you pick an appropriate projection).

So, no, you can not use 2 EPSG codes at the same time, you have to
convert the data into a common projection.

Thanks,
Alex