[GRASS-user] select areas

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:29:48 PDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Daniel Torres <nobeeakon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to select areas that don't overlap with points, using "v.select -r
> [...] operator=overlap",  I get unclosed boundaries and centroids at the
> places where an area is neighbour of a selected area. I do not understand
> how to obtain also the common border so to obtain closed boundaries with
> centroids (areas). I'm using GRASS 6.4, and imported the map of areas from a
> shapefile...

I could reproduce this: all boundaries of areas that overlap with
points are not written to the output when using v.select -r. This
caused unclosed boundaries of neighboring unselected areas. Fixed in
trunk r68110 and relbr70 r68111. You will need to wait for GRASS 7.0.4
or compile GRASS 7 yourself (easy on Debian).

> Thanks, and sorry for the simple question.

That was not at all a simple question, thanks for reporting the problem!

Markus M