[GRASS-user] why is v.build.all (and many others) a windows batch file and not an executable?

Bartolomei.Chris Bartolomei.Chris at ensco.com
Wed May 4 10:37:37 PDT 2016

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and information on this issue, you folks are awesome!
While I think that there could have been a way to move forward with python and yet not break the legacy shell scripts users have when migrating, I understand the changes now.
I do have a work-around that seems to be ok with msys - basically just spelling out the .bat file for those commands that are not executables... this way I only have to rewrite the afflicted module commands. Since I have to update the commands for syntax anyway, then it's not too bad.  Better than having to translate into a different language (I am from California afterall ... we only speak "dude" here...lol ...)
Thanks again!
:)
Chris

Chris Bartolomei P.E.