[GRASS-user] r.stream addons dll is incorrect

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat May 7 01:42:26 PDT 2016

Bartolomei.Chris-2 wrote
> Good evening all,
> It looks like the r.stream addons (r.stream.order, r.stream.distance, etc)
> have a problem with a library. I'm running Windows7 and the new GRASS
> 7.0.4 stable release ... my script which calls out the addons and I get
> the following error:
>
> The program can't start because libgrass_segment.7.0.4RC1.dll is missing
> from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>
> It looks like the dll callout references the previous release, not the
> stable new one.
> Is there anything I can do on my system to resolve this?

tested here with

System Info
GRASS version: 7.0.4
GRASS SVN Revision: 68343
Build Date: 2016-05-01
Build Platform: i386-w64-mingw32
GDAL/OGR: 2.0.2
PROJ.4: 4.9.2
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.7.17
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

it can't be reproduced here.

maybe these addons are leftovers from an earlier installation. try to
deinstall and reinstall the addons.

if you have different winGRASS7 versions on your computer (e.g. standalone
winGRASS7.0.4RC1, OSGeo4W-winGRASS7.0.4, OSGeo4W-winGRASS7.1.svn, ...), they
are all using the same addon folder. so if you are using different
winGRASS-version in your workflow, you have to install binary-addons (e.g.
r.stream.*.exe's) anew; otherwise they link to the false library.

-----
best regards
Helmut