[GRASS-user] FW: Temporal + export

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:07:55 PDT 2016

Hey, Mati! Hola!
(Hint: you may want to set language to English so more people can
understand the error messages and help)

El may 13, 2016 1:17 PM, "Matías Alejandro Castillo Moine" <
matialecastillo at hotmail.com> escribió:

> Hi! I´m again!
> The problem whith galwarp is solved (spatial reference system was wrong).
> But now, I have my time serie registered in Grass and when I export it, I
> can only export this using the AAgrid or pack format, and R needs the GTiff
> formatt into the tar.gz archive. I believe that I´m using correctly the
> command
>
> t.rast.export --overwrite input=LST2 at MOD11A2 output=MOD11A2.tar.gz
> directory=C:\SIG\Grass compression=gzip

If this is the command, you are not setting *format* there, so by default
you should be exporting GTiff.

In the manual page for 7.1 also says that if you use gzip compression, you
should add .tar.gzip to the output file name. This latter is not specified
in 70 manual but I guess it applies here, too [0].

WARNING: El tipo de datos GDAL seleccionado no cubre el rango de datos
> WARNING: Tipo de datos GDAL: Byte, rango: 0 - 255
> WARNING: Rango a exportar: 14837 - 15732

What I can see there is that you are exporting your maps as byte (0-255)
when your data is not in that range (WARNING: Rango a exportar: 14837 -
15732). In t.rast.export for grasss 7.1 there's a new parameter called type
which allows to set data type and would allow you to change that [1]. Dunno
which is default type for AAgrid or pack (not mentioned in the manual
page), but for GTiff you have several options available (in that case you
could try forcing type to UInt16, which would cover your data range).
Anyway, this seems odd since you are using 7.0.4 and not 7.1, right?
@Luca, might the error and/or message be related to [2]?

ERROR: La exportación raster puede resultar en una pérdida completa de
> datos, cancelando.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.0.4/scripts/t.rast.ex
> port.py", line 87, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.0.4/scripts/t.rast.ex
> port.py", line 82, in main
>     _input, output, compression, directory, where, _format,
> "strds")
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.0.4\etc\python\grass\
> temporal\stds_export.py", line 298, in export_stds
>     rows, tar, list_file, new_cwd, fs, format_)
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.0.4\etc\python\grass\
> temporal\stds_export.py", line 97, in
> _export_raster_maps_as_gdal
>     shutil.rmtree(new_cwd)
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 252,
> in rmtree
>     onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())
>   File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 250,
> in rmtree
>     os.remove(fullname)
> WindowsError: [Error 32] El proceso no tiene acceso al
> archivo porque está siendo utilizado por otro proceso:
> 'C:\\SIG\\Grass\\tmp883adw\\archive'
> (Fri May 13 13:09:21 2016) Comando finalizado. (2 segundos)
>
> (Fri May 13 13:14:02 2016)
>

> Some new idea?
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Does r.out.gdal for only one map works? Something like

r.out.gdal input=LST output=LST.tif format=GTiff type=UInt16

Let us know :)

Vero

[0] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2416
[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/t.rast.export.html