[GRASS-user] r.in.wms and d.wms difference

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Wed May 25 02:16:29 PDT 2016

Hello list!

For me the d.wms in the gui works perfect. But when I script, I need to download the wms layer (?) and for that I use r.in.wms which works, but gives not as pleasant image. The image looks distorted in some way. I can adjust it some with different 'g.region res='

When I in the gui (using d.wms) choose the save the layer - I get the same as for r.in.wms - which I guess is used for saving.

I looked into the d.wms.py script to try to reproduce what d.wms does, but I can not get the right input to wms.GetMap(options,flags)  - And I can't find any good documentation.

from wms_drv import WMSDrv
wms = WMSDrv()

I don't really need to dowload the wms, but I want to use it as a background when scripting.

Is there maybe a way to use d.wms when scripting?

Martin