[GRASS-user] r.in.wms and d.wms difference

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed May 25 09:30:39 PDT 2016

Le Wed, 25 May 2016 09:16:29 +0000,
Martin Album Ytre-Eide <Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no> a écrit :

> Hello list!
>
> For me the d.wms in the gui works perfect. But when I script, I need
> to download the wms layer (?) and for that I use r.in.wms which
> works, but gives not as pleasant image. The image looks distorted in
> some way. I can adjust it some with different 'g.region res='
>
> When I in the gui (using d.wms) choose the save the layer - I get the
> same as for r.in.wms - which I guess is used for saving.

I would guess that d.wms does not take into account the current region
settings for display, but whenever you write a new raster map, either
with r.in.wms or by saving through d.wms, the current region's
resolution is used. By adjusting this resolution, you should be able to
get higher quality output.

> I don't really need to dowload the wms, but I want to use it as a
> background when scripting.

If you want to open a monitor and display maps during a script run, try
d.mon.

Moritz