[GRASS-user] r.in.wms and d.wms difference

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Thu May 26 03:01:39 PDT 2016

I have tried using the the same display geometry and it helps some -
but it seems to me that the zoom level of the wms call is different for the d.wms and r.in.wms, or maybe the reprojection method is different (which should be equal (nearest)). At least I get "sharper" edges with r.in.wms.

I attach the result from the two different methods, to illustrate the difference. Note that the resolution  appears to be equal, but the file size is not......?

Martin