[GRASS-user] Problems removing/reinstalling Grass

anna zanchetta ciupava at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 01:46:10 PST 2016

Hello community,

I've been running a new addon that I wrote and added in my local folder of
available add-ons, working in Ubuntu 64bit and compiling Grass from the
current release version (7.0.x).

Then decided to compile the trunk version, so when I got into Grass 73 I
started having problems, namely g.extensions can't see my local list of
available addons (not installed, just available).
Basically I followed the intructions in the link [^] and repeated the steps
 made with the release version (under the supervision of LucaDelu).

Eventually I decided that there were too many Grass versions installed in
my laptop (64 with package, 70 with release, 73 with svn) and thought that
could make problems, so after some struggle with the pc I decided to get
completely rid of Grass with the idea of reinstalling after a clean-up, and
removed any version from my pc following the instructions here [*].

After svn up, recompiling etc now the message I get from terminal when
running grass (64, 70 or 73, no matter what) is the following:

anna at anna-ubuntu:~$ grass73
Cleaning up temporary files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/grass73", line 1971, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/grass73", line 1852, in main
    clean_temp()
  File "/usr/local/bin/grass73", line 1591, in clean_temp
    call([gpath("etc", "clean_temp")], stdout=nul)
  File "/usr/local/bin/grass73", line 245, in call
    return subprocess.call(cmd, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 522, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

not much fun, from bad to worse :)
Can someone help me to find how to solve this?
And maybe to run my new addon?

Thanks!
Anna-without-Grass

[^]