[GRASS-user] new map in wxgui digitizer

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Fri Nov 18 07:41:15 PST 2016

Friends,

   I am trying to make use of the wxgui digitizer and finding it
somewhat challenging.  One issue is that I like to run from the console
(i.e. grass73 -text) and that produces a subtly different widget than if
I run from the gui (i.e. grass73 -gui).  Using the console version, when
I try to digitize a new map (as opposed to editing an existing map) I
get the error below.

GRASS GIS 7.3.svn > Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/grass-7.3.svn/gui/wxpython/vdigit/toolbars.py", line
849, in OnSelectMap
     if self.layers[selection] == self.mapLayer:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'selection' referenced before assignment

and it doesn't digitize any points.

The obvious short term solution is to work from the GUI, but that
defeats much oswhat I am trying to accomplish in scriptable, repeatable
analyses.

GRASS GIS 7.3.svn (r69510)

Linux luthertucker 4.8.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 10 17:22:48 CET
2016 x86_

Thanks, Dave