[GRASS-user] areas with no centroid

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Sun Nov 27 11:44:15 PST 2016

After editing a map with wxgui I ended up with 39 areas and 38
centroids.  How do I find and delete the area with no centroid?

I have tried many combinations of v.info, v.category, v.to.db, and
visualizing with d.vect.  If I use v.clean tool=rmarea with slowly
increasing thresholds it gets rid of an area I want before it finds the
one I don't so I don't think it's a sliver.

GRASS GIS 7.3.svn > v.info demo
  . . .
Number of points:       0           Number of centroids: 38
Number of lines:        0           Number of boundaries: 112
Number of areas:       39           Number of islands:    19
  . . .
GRASS GIS 7.3.svn > v.category demo op=report
Layer/table: 1/demo
type       count        min        max
point          0          0          0
line           0          0          0