[GRASS-user] r.lake questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 5 08:48:23 PDT 2016

   I want to ensure my understanding how to use r.lake for my need.

   It would be good to produce animation of flooded area with increasing
precipitation; use of the '-o' option is required. But, perhaps I need to
produce a large series of individual maps.

   Under what condition is use of the '-n' option appropriate?

   If I want a final water_level of 1 m above the elevation of the specified
coordinates in increments of 0.254 mm how can I specify this for the
animation? The manual's description tells me that the 1 m water_level is the
final height and the elevation of the specified coordinates is the starting
height. How are map-to-map increments specified? A related question is
whether the water level associated with a given map can be produced. That
is, can individual maps in the animation be related to specific water
levels? This quantification of output map and water level above the starting
elevation is very important.

   All thoughts, suggestions, and pointers to more information are welcome.

Rich