[GRASS-user] boundary vs area in wx0

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:50:35 PDT 2016

I'm having difficulty getting the wx devices to show vector features.
For example, I have a map called newveg.  v.info clearly shows that
newveg has areas, e.g.

Number of points:  0         Number of centroids:  38183
Number of lines:   0         Number of boundaries: 97451
Number of areas:   38183     Number of islands:    7112

If I enter

d.vect newveg

it doesn't render anything.  If I enter

d.vect newveg type=area

it doesn't render anything, but if I enter

d.vect newveg type=boundary

I get the boundaries.  Furthermore, even when it doesn't draw anything,
the query tool returns information on polygons I can't see.
Unfortunately, even though

v.db.connect -p newveg

says

Vector map <newveg> is connected by:
layer <1/newveg> table <newveg> in database
</home/dvrbts/grass/romo_gdb/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db> through driver
<sqlite> with key <cat>

The query tool is returning information on layer 20 that is no longer
connected to newveg (it was once upon a time).

I'm confused

Dave

GRASS 7.3.svn, Linux magicsam 4.6.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 8
08:40:59 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux