[GRASS-user] boundary vs area in wx0

Dave Roberts droberts at montana.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:26:46 PDT 2016

Thanks Helmut.  v.build did not help, as the topology was already OK.
The problem seems to be that the database has come unconnected.  To make
a long story short

1) I used v.in.ogr on a GDB directory, which produced a single feature
with 20 layers, only a few of which had spatial data

2) to isolate the one element I was most interested in I did a v.extract
on layer 20 to create the new map.

3) that worked, except that the database was still attached to layer 20,
even though the new map only had a single layer.  So,

4) I did a v.db.connect -d layer=20, followed by a v.db.connect layer=1
on the same table that used to be attached to layer 20.

Now, d.vect newveg doesn't work, but d.vect newveg layer=20 does, and
the query returns layer 20 results, but layer 20 is no longer attached
to a table in sqlite so all I get are area and cat.    Presumably, some
permutation of v.category will straighten all of this out.

    In the meantime, I discovered that I could import layers from a GDB
individually with v.in.ogr, so all is well.

Dave