[GRASS-user] DBMI-SQLite drive error when running i.segment.stats (with vector map creation)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Oct 19 08:09:19 PDT 2016

On 19/10/16 10:42, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
> The “.” could be allowed if quoted identifiers were used, but that would
> be a quite invasive change and can have side effects on many other modules.
>
> Furthermore quoted identifiers can be handled differently in the
> different DB backends, thus code complexity will increase.
>

> In general it is also risky if the software alters your data (like
> renaming columns or even maps) at least if that behavior is not clearly
> documented...

Even though I agree with this in principle, in the case at hand here
(i.segment.stats) the issue is vector attribute column names based on
raster names. I don't think that there is much risk there.

> Handling this in the code is at least not trivial as it either would
> require significant changes.

Again, for many cases this is very true. Here, I believe that a simple:

colname = colname.replace('.', '_')

is enough.

Implemented in r69707.

James, just reinstall once again and it should work.

Moritz