[GRASS-user] Interpreting r.watershed accumulation map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 23 11:01:30 PDT 2016

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016, Paulo van Breugel wrote:

> What about adding this as a note under 'Notes' in the manual page of
> r.colors. This is not strictly an output of r.colors, but people might
> look there first when noticing that the colours of their map differs from
> what they expect. Perhaps something like: "The default colour table is the
> viridis colour table. Note that this was changed in GRASS GIS version 7.2.
> In earlier versions the default colour table was 'rainbow'."

Paulo,

   If a user notices shifts in color from what modules in prior versions
produced is it likely for them to think of looking at r.color if they don't
explicitly use that module?

   Writing only for myself, I would not have thought of looking there as I
focused on the modeling required for my current project.

   A better location would be the download page, at the top, in a single file
that maintains a running history of changes.

Regards,

Rich