[GRASS-user] Vector legends: 2 out of 3 with duplicates

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 28 13:18:59 PDT 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> Vector legend is pretty new (in 7.2 since summer), so some testing is
> required, so you might need try more to help debug it. However, so far it
> worked well for those who tried. Go through the options, there is one to
> output the legend as text, might be helpful for debugging.

Hi, Vaclav,

   I am using today's build of 7.3.svn and will be happy to help test it.

   Now this is really strange. I exited GRASS before lunch and just restarted
it. Loading the workspace properly displays the legend: each of the three
maps, and only once each:

Drainage Basins|legend/area|5|lf|0:128:0|none|1|area|143
Monitoring Sites|basic/triangle|5|lf|165:42:42|165:42:42|1|point|122365
Streams|legend/line|5|lf|blue|200:200:200|1|line|129

   So, after quitting and re-starting GRASS it displays correctly. How do we
figure out what happened?

   I can make some new maps and see what happens if that helps.

Rich